This is one of the necessary tool of our nail kit. It becomes very interesting when you get the chance to make it by your own with the help of some easy-to-find ingredients.
What do you need?
- A tongue depressor (metal/wooden)
- Sand paper of higher value
A tongue depressor gives the strength and body of the nail filer. Wooden tongue depressors are easily available but they sometimes break while filing the nails. So I would recommend you all to use the metal one.
Buy the sand paper according to your preference. Higher the numerical value of the sand paper , higher the efficacy. Low numerical value denotes coarse sand particles placed over a paper.
Any sort of glue can be used that sticks to metal and paper.
How to make it?
- Place the sand paper on a flat surface uneven side facing down.
- Take the tongue depressor and place it on top of the paper.
- Mark the shape with a pen or pencil.
- Remove the tongue depressor.
- Add glue on the marked portion.
- Stick and press the depressor with your fingers on the glue.
- Be like that until the glue sets.
- Now trim off the extra sandpaper.
- Do the same thing with the other side of the tongue depressor.
- The end product will look like the above picture.
I would like to add different types of sand papers in a same nail filer the next time I make one for me. That way I can ensure variety of filer grids.
Jazz up the final product with some glitters or paints. Just like I did.
Make your own and share it on our Facebook page.
Happy blogging 🙂